We’re excited to announce the launch of our new math enrichment courses for 11th grade math (Algebra II). This course is one of our latest additions to a series designed for the enrichment and remediation of core academics.
Our previous mathematics enrichment courses include offerings for 5th grade (Math 5) and 8th grade math (Algebra I). We also offer English Language Arts (ELA) enrichment courses for 5th grade (ELA 5) and 8th grade English (ELA 8) and, simultaneous with the launch of Algebra II, an 11th grade English course (ELA 11). Our plans for next year include courses in both English and math designed for 6th and 7th grade students.
Registration for Piqosity’s premium courses takes less than 30 seconds and does not require a credit card. Join for FREE at the Community level, which includes access to a diagnostic test and limited practice material. Full course access starts at just $89, and tutors and teachers can save more than 50% when purchasing on behalf of their classes.
Want to know more about how it all works? Read our in-depth Math Course Navigation Guide for a step-by-step introduction to Piqosity’s mathematics offerings.
Algebra II Course for 11th Graders
Our new Algebra II course is targeted primarily at 11th grade students for enrichment, remediation, and test prep. Aligned to both Common Core and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), the course is divided into 4 primary units:
- Graphing Equations, Inverses, and Transformations
- Systems of Equations and Parabolas
- Multiplying Linear Factors and Polynomials
- Radicals & Exponents, Trigonometry, and Conic Sections
At launch, there are currently 46 instructional lessons and over 1300 practice questions, which we think will take most 11th grade students about 40 hours to complete; this works out to a little over an hour of extra weekly practice in a standard 35-week school year.
The new math course are the culmination of months effort from more than a dozen different contributing educators. Andy Peters, M.A.Ed., leads Piqosity’s curriculum development:
My favorite thing about our math courses is how adaptable they are. You can brush up on a single topic, work through practice problems on a mix of concepts, test your skills with a diagnostic or unit test, or work through an entire course from start to finish. No matter which approach you use, every problem comes with a step-by-step explanation and links to a detailed lesson. This is how the courses are able to meet students where they are, much like a teacher or private tutor would.
Innovative Platform Features
This new Algebra II course is built on top of the same innovative and flexible platform as our ISEE, ACT, and SAT test prep courses, and pairs especially well with our ACT and SAT offerings.
Piqosity’s key platform features include:
- Instructional lessons with multiple variations including videos
- Adaptive practice including the option for gamification
- Piqosity Virtual Tutor (PVT), an individualized AI-driven tutoring assistant
- Student analytics and strengths and weakness diagnostics
- Answer explanations from both the original author and third-party educators
- Printable PDF practice tests and question sets
- Timers with settings for time and a half and double time
- Online test taking tools like whiteboard, question scratch-throughs, and flagging
Built for Tutors and Teachers
We built Piqosity not only to be user friendly for parents and students at home but also for the advanced needs of tutors and teachers. Key features for educators include:
- Student management including the ability to see everything the student sees
- Automatic scoring and analysis of all student work
- Assignments with due dates
- Custom Branding (tutoring companies and schools)
Beginning this fall, we have opened up our platform to enable any qualified educator to upload their own instructional content to Piqosity. This means that educators are able to create their own lessons and questions. They can share this content with all users or limit it to their own students.
A Mission to Rethink Education
Piqosity (pique + curiosity) is a Houston-based education technology startup on a mission to rethink education. One product launch at a time, we are on a journey to democratize education publishing and personalize student learning.