Piqosity now offers 7 full-length practice tests for the ISEE Middle Level for students applying to grades 7 and 8. These practice tests and their associated adaptive practice questions are available to purchase now for just $99.
In total, Piqosity’s practice material for the ISEE Middle Level includes more than 1,200 questions that will take the average student more than 21-hours to work through and includes:
- Verbal Reasoning (280+ synonyms and sentence completions)
- Quantitative Reasoning (250+ world problems and quantitative comparisons)
- Reading Comprehension (35+ passages and 260+ questions)
- Mathematics Achievement (330+ world problems)
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
We have been working on these practice tests for nearly a full year.
Our Verbal Reasoning section includes synonyms from our own, curated list of 1000+ vocabulary words and include some challenge words like bamboozle, fallacy, and strident.
For the Reading Comprehension passages, we adapted excerpts from more challenging middle school reading list classics like The Awakening, A Christmas Carol, Red Badge of Courage, and War of the Worlds.
The Mathematics Achievement and Quantitative Reasoning sections test more than 40 math topics that students are expected to know. Concepts range from simple computations to multi-step questions about probability and statistics.
More than Just Practice
Piqosity offers more than just lots of practice, advanced analytics, and personalization. All visitors to our site, paid and unpaid, have access to our more than 15+ years of experience of preparing students for the ISEE:
- Ultimate ISEE Prep Guide with test-taking strategies and concept review
- 1000+ vocabulary words for the ISEE Middle Level
Like we tell every parent and student, there are no amount of “tips and tricks” that will enable students to ace the ISEE if they do not have the required level of comprehension of tested concepts.
Make sure that your child is taking the time to review completed practice and learn from their mistakes! They should not simply take practice test after practice test.
In an ideal time frame, students would start preparing at lest six months before their test date, take no more than one practice test every 2 to 4 weeks, and spend the majority of their time reviewing tested concepts and learning from their mistakes.
If your child isn’t taking the ISEE Middle Level, Piqosity also offers 7 full-length practice tests for the ISEE Lower Level (applying to grades 5 and 6) and the ISEE Upper Level (applying to grades 9-12).
Major Enhancements for Fall 2018
In addition to adding more content, we’ve also been hard at work on enhancing our software platform. Noteworthy upgrades for fall 2018 so far include:
- Customizable count-down timer with options for standard time, time-and-a-half, and double time
- Single page per question user interface with navigation tools like “mark question to return to later” and pace statistics
- Automatic PDF generation of full-length tests and practice questions for easy printing
- Entirely new user interface for tutors and teachers to monitor multiple students and assign practice with due dates
- Improved application performance from new, more powerful servers, cloud-based content delivery network, and application code optimizations